● Having been continuously introduced the internationally leading therapeutic schedules
● Design and develop personalized visual improvement programs for the elderly
● International and domestic leading diagnosis and treatment equipment
● High-quality and perfect treatment service system specially designed for the elderly patients
Introduction to the Department:
Department of Presbyopia of Shenyang He Eye Specialist Hospital has advanced and rich experience in diagnosis and treatment of various types of intractable presbyopia. Through years of continuous exploration, the department has created a perfect vision improvement system for the elderly patients, and has continuously introduced internationally advanced treatment technology for a long time, which can improve the therapeutic effects of the elderly patients with weakened ocular regulatory function.
Presbyopia caused by refractive errors, poor reading habits, individual physical constitution, and drug effects.
What is presbyopia?
Presbyopia is a unescapable physiological condition associated with the aging of the eye, neither pathologically nor considered to be refractive error. With age, the lens gradually hardens and thickens, and the regulation of the eye muscles also worsen, resulting in a decrease of zooming ability. Therefore, it is hard to see clearly the close objects because the image can’t be fully focused when projected on the retina.
Symptoms of Presbyopia:
1. It is difficult to see the near objects;
2. Can not read for a long time;
3. Stronger light is needed for reading;
4. A series of symptoms of visual fatigue such as eye soreness, swelling pain, dry eye, photophobia and tears, headaches, dizziness, nausea and irritability from doing close work.
Dangers of Presbyopia:
Patients with presbyopia often suffer from inconveniences such as difficulty in seeing near objects, visual fatigue and inability to do things, all of which often bring endless troubles to the elderly. Dryness, soreness and pain in the eyes may exist at the same time as presbyopia, which can lead to symptoms such as reduced sleep quality, poor energy during the day, nausea and headaches in the elderly.
Many elderly people ignore the timely treatment of presbyopia. In fact, the presbyopia, if get worse, may cause other ocular complications such as cataract, glaucoma and macular degeneration of the retina, so the patient and their family shall pay more importance to the timely treatment of presbyopia.